ed a second consecutive three-and-out, Mannin

in [SPIEL] Regeln 26.04.2019 04:23
von miaowang123 • 180 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Striker Jermain Defoe says he is back to 100 per cent and ready to play for Toronto FC -- and England. "Its been really frustrating because when you get off to a good start, you just want it to continue as long as possible," said Defoe, who scored three goals in his first two games in Major League Soccer before being sidelined with a hamstring strain in late March. "But it happens. Its football, you get little niggles. Luckily enough it wasnt something that was too serious. It was just a case of resting and doing your rehab stuff. But yeah it feels fine now. I feel 100 per cent. Ive worked really hard. So maybe Ill come back stronger than I was before, which is important for the team." Saturdays game against the visiting New England Revolution (3-3-2) will mark five weeks since Defoe walked off the field favouring his hamstring in the 61st minute of a 3-0 loss to Real Salt Lake. Thanks to a bye, he only missed three games with Toronto (3-3-0) going 1-2-0 in his absence. Defoe, speaking to reporters after practice Tuesday, rubbished the suggestion that the injury layoff may affect his chances at making Englands World Cup squad. England manager Roy Hodgson plans to name his 23-man roster on May 13. "I missed three games. It happens in football, players get injured," said the 31-year-old Defoe, who has won 55 caps for England. "But if you miss three games and that changes the fact that you could, I dont know, go to a tournament, thats crazy." Manager Ryan Nelsen says he has not heard from the English camp. "Not yet," he said. Defoe, for one, does think much talk is needed. "I dont feel like I need to sell myself to anyone because Ill just let my football do the talking. Ive done that since I made my professional debut at 17 ... Im sure the manager knows what I can do." Defoe said not only is he 100 per cent physically, he feels stronger than he did before. Toronto FC officials have said privately they had to put the brakes on Defoe, who has acknowledges he is not known for his patience during injury layoffs. Defoes final days at Tottenham were marred by another hamstring injury. "Its a case of just getting it (the hamstring) strong again. Maybe I didnt do that before," he said. "I think now Ive really given it time to heal," he added. Defoe said his style of plays lends itself to hamstring issues -- "sometimes I go from a standing still position to get up to full speed." Toronto has had a spate of hamstring injuries this season with midfielders Jonathan Osorio, Alvaro Rey and Dwayne De Rosario all missing action. The club has said having to train longer than usual on artificial turf because of the harsh winter has not helped matters. Ironically it would have liked to have been able to practise under the bubble on turf Tuesday because of a downpour. But with the bubble about to come down, the lighting system had been dismantled and so they endured the rain outside. The good news is that the walking wounded are returning after the bye week. Osorio is already back in action while Nelsen says Rey, De Rosario and centre back Doneil Henry (knee) are "very close" to returning. Nelsen says the only player definitely out for this weekends game is midfielder Jeremy Hall (Achilles). Striker Bright Dike (Achilles) is also a long-term injury absence. Star U.S. midfielder Michael Bradley, who has been nursing a variety of ailments, is also doing well. Injuries have hampered Nelsen in blending his squad, which features three new designated players in Defoe, Bradley and Brazilian striker Gilberto and as many as five other new starters since last season. Two weeks ago against Colorado, he was unable to assemble a fully healthy bench. While Toronto has given up seven goals in six games, it has scored just six with Defoe accounting for three of them Toronto is getting healthy at the right time. After three games in April, Toronto has six in May including a home-and-away series with the Vancouver Whitecaps in the Amway Canadian Championship. Three of the four league games are at home so May represents a chance to harvest points. With Bradley, Brazilian goalie Julio Cesar and possibly Defoe joining their national teams at the end of May ahead of the World Cup, points may be harder to come by later. While Defoe has not yet heard from Hodgson, Cesar says he reached out to Luiz Felipe Scolari to invite him to Toronto after reading that the Brazil coach had visited players in Europe. "I was a little bit jealous," Cesar said with a smile. Trevor Siemian Jersey . New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions. Daniel Carlson Vikings Jersey . Joakim Nordstrom and Garret Ross also scored for Chicago and Corey Crawford made 30 saves. Tomas Tatar scored twice for Red Wings (2-3-0), Jonathan Ericsson added a goal and Gustav Nyquist had three assists. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-Mike-Hughes-Vikings-Jersey/ . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. Kirk Cousins Vikings Jersey . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. Sheldon Richardson Vikings Jersey .55 million euros (US$18.6 million) to Spanish tax authorities on Monday to cover any potential irregularities in its signing of Neymar, all the while maintaining its innocence of the fraud charges levied against it.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Chiefs had 66 yards of offence through three quarters Sunday night. Their defence was gashed for 168 yards by unheralded running back C.J. Anderson. And when they finally made Denver punt, a gaffe by one of their players gave the Broncos the ball back.So when Kansas City coach Andy Reid said, Theres really not a phase I can point to that was a positive in this game, he wasnt speaking merely in hyperbole.We have to do a better job putting players in the right position and we have to do a better job executing when were in that position, Reid said after a 29-16 loss to the Broncos. We get that fixed well be back on track, but weve stalled the last two weeks.After losing to previously winless Oakland a week ago, the Chiefs are now headed to Arizona desperate for a victory to get their playoff hopes back on track.Theyll have to perform better than they did against the Broncos.Alex Smith had 153 yards passing and two touchdowns for the Chiefs (7-5), the second of them to Jamaal Charles to make it 26-16 early in the fourth quarter. But Smiths pass on the 2-point try fell incomplete, and the Broncos added another field goal to put the game away.Smith was sacked six times and Denver held Kansas City to 151 yards of total offence.It really feels like the last two weeks (have been) uncharacteristic of who we are as a team, Smith said. Itll be a little bit of that, a gut-check time. Theres still a lot of very meaningful football left for us. Its a matter of what we do with it.Peyton Manning threw two touchdown passes, one of them to Anderson, as the Broncos (9-3) remained a game up on San Diego in the AFC West. Connor Barth added five field goals, matching the franchise record for a single game set twice before by Jason Elam.Its crazy, said Barth, who was signed this week to replace Brandon McManus. My agent and I always talk about just one kick at a time and so thats what I try to do every time.It certainly wasnt the kind of performance expected of the Chiefs, who emerged in a frenzy before the game wearing all-red uniforms for the third time in franchise history.The Chiefs were honouring veteran safety Eric Berry, who will miss the rest of the season after a mass suspected to be lymphoma was found in his chest. Berry has professeed his love for the red-on-red look, which the Chiefs wore last year against Dallas and this year versus New England.ddddddddddddhile the Chiefs won both of those games, they hardly gave themselves a chance Sunday.Manning capped an effortless 74-yard drive with a 23-yard third-down pass to Thomas in the first quarter. Then, after the Broncos forced a second consecutive three-and-out, Manning found Anderson out of the backfield on third down for a 15-yard touchdown strike to make it 14-0.Anderson, who went undrafted last year, was coming off a 167-yard rushing performance last week against Miami. Starting in place of the injured Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman, he proved that it was no one-week fluke, gashing the Kansas City defence with nearly every touch.Even when the Chiefs stopped the Broncos, they were usually within range for Barth.He said he was laying out by the pool this time last week, Manning said. He came in here in zero-degree weather and went 5 for 5 in field goals. That was huge.Meanwhile, very little was going right for the Chiefs on offence.After recovering a fumble deep in Denver territory early in the second half, they managed three yards before kicking a field goal. On their next possession, Smith had a pass batted at the line and intercepted by DeMarcus Ware, the first pick hed thrown in 179 attempts. And on the Chiefs next possession, Smith was sacked by Ware on third-and-1 to force another punt.Then, when the Chiefs finally held Denver on third down, backup cornerback Marcus Cooper inexplicably let the punt to bounce off his leg. The Broncos recovered for a fresh set of downs.Barth added his fifth field midway through the fourth quarter to seal the winThere was no positive out there, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce said. You cant say the offence, defence or special teams really had a solid day.Notes: Chiefs DE Allen Bailey left the game with a concussion. OG Mike McGlynn left with a quadriceps injury. Neither of them returned. ... Denver has not lost at Arrowhead Stadium since the 2010 season. ... Manning had 179 yards passing. The Chiefs still have not allowed a 300-yard passer this season. ... Charles was held to 35 yards rushing on 10 carries.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Warriors Jerseys Authentic Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Spurs Store Celtics Jerseys Online Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Wholesale Raptors Jerseys Cyber Monday Pistons Jerseys Wholesale Team USA Basketball Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys From China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cavaliers Jerseys From China Wholesale Pistons Jerseys Bucks Jerseys From China Pacers Jerseys Outlet Authentic Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wizards Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Timberwolves Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Discount Warriors Jerseys Wholesale Clippers Jerseys Wholesale Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Discount Mavericks Jerseys Authentic Rockets Jerseys Discount Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 664 Themen und 12234 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de